Providence Care - Collaborative & Person-centred Care - Geriatrics
This a copy of the course which was provided as a pilot project from January to April 2018 and has been generously shared by Kim Shryburt-Brown of the Behavioural Supports Services as an example of material that could be of value to the Geriatrics CNS educator, staff and clients.
This course provides a foundational knowledge of Team-based Person-centred care including focus on collaborative practice and communication skills.
NOTE: Standard practice for publication and participation is to configure the course so that the items listed below are mandatory for a participant to access the Course Completion Certificate, however as this is a sample course, all mandatory completion and access restrictions have been removed.
PLEASE NOTE that you need to complete the following activities in order to access your Course Completion Certificate:
- Course Completion Agreement > ensures that all information shared in the discussion forum respects not only the contributions of other participants but also rules of client-caregiver confidentiality
- Pre-Assessment Quiz > simple 5 question quiz to provide baseline of knowledge on the subject prior to taking the course
- Modules 1 through 5 > all slides must be viewed in order for these modules to be marked complete
- Discussion forum: A series of 5 questions, one for each topic
- Post-Assessment Quiz > measures the participants knowledge against the pre-assessment quiz
- Course Feedback Form > provides educators and LMS admin with valuable information for content and online delivery improvement.