Overview of Abuse & the Older Adult
Abuse of the older adult can come in various forms. It is a serious and growing issue across Canada and the globe. Understanding the causes and the solutions to abuse in the older adult can benefit the well-being of caregivers, older adults, and anyone involved.
PLEASE NOTE: These courses are open to the public with no registration required. However, if you wish to access a Course Completion Certificate, you must be enrolled as a student. To do so please contact email@example.com.
- Describe the different types of abuse
- Identify the importance of your role as a health care professional
- Recognize the signs of abuse of the older adult
- Review the legislation against abuse
- Consider the impact of managing abuse of the older adult
At the end of this overview you will be able to: